Cold Stabilization Unit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it will work and it looks good, too.

I'm thinking about just using an old refrigerator with the shelves removed and a modified thermostat. I can keep it out in the garage. It won't be as nice as yours, but it will work for me.

I didnt read the article but bet it is designed for lagering but would be fine if it can get 45* or colder for cold stabilizing a wine.

I didnt read the article but bet it is designed for lagering but would be fine if it can get 45* or colder for cold stabilizing a wine.

Yeah - it was originally designed for wort chilling or fermentation chilling with beer - but it has been modified or can be used for wine cold stablization. One article said the guy kept the temp steady at 40*.

But there was alot of ice exchange to keep cold - like every 4-6 hours!!

So i think i may just find and old fridge - found one on craigslist for $25.

I think that would be much easier and faster and you can use the freezer to store more frozen fruit for wine making!!!!!!!!!! You could also throw a few corny kegs in there and start brewing some beer!

I think that would be much easier and faster and you can use the freezer to store more frozen fruit for wine making!!!!!!!!!! You could also throw a few corny kegs in there and start brewing some beer!

Heil Yeah!!

Latest posts

Back