Cold box wine storage project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably worth revisiting once per year. This is season #4 on the wine box. It was 103 degrees in the garage and 65 degrees in the box. Still working like a champ. No changes since I first made it, besides adding a handle made from left over metal and a horseshoe.

Thats an awesome job on the cold box, inspiring me to try and build one. Whats that black threaded pipe in the back? Propane heater?

IMG_3488.jpg

This picture, temp probe with some sort of piped in gas light?

IMG_3489.jpg

Norcal,

Thanks again for this thread as it's what gave me the ideas for the room I built last June. Like yours, mine is humming along like a champ. So simple and relatively inexpensive, but efficient and perfect for the task. Well done.

@Smok1, it's me simply entertaining myself building stuff. Black pipe and parts out of the scrap bin at work, the gauges are working, and accurate thermometers and the Edison lights are functional.

Great project indeed NorCal.

I'm in the planning stages for something similar.

What are the dimensions of your cold box?

I'm so disappointed in photo-bucket for discontinuing their policy for linking pictures. I wish I had the time to to back and reload all the pictures in this thread, as I know more than a few have built their own box, with the help of this thread.
We are having one heck of a hot summer. The garage temp is reaching 105 degrees, the little wine box is plugging away and is keeping my temps between 65-69 degrees.

delete 2.jpg

delete 1.jpg

Is there an available link to the WineMaker Mag article? Not at detailed, but it might be helpful.

Is there an available link to the WineMaker Mag article? Not at detailed, but it might be helpful.

I tried looking for that article before as well. Was not able to pull it up. I pay for a subscription too. But I would have needed to actually purchase that specific back issue to view it. That goes for both hard copy and online.

I got out the saws and nailers last week. I'm not building anything wine oriented but rather a roof over the grill area where I cook the food that requires wine consumption. There used to be 4 umbrellas covering that space. All of which bit the dust with one gust of wind. (plus 4 more in an other area of the deck). As you can see there is plenty of shade. The roof is to keep crap out of the food and drink. I got all the lumber except the posts for free from a deck demolition.The steel roof and lights go up this week.

rBgXSpvkY0635rRDeAl2gO3CpLGOPTPGCfkYuP-peUnIfgrsH1s2lcbztdmJbxz4VGyggtf5JXYmpUyxkNat5dBNH5wgSCQ1fHg1KZbFaGcHL3-K8dWzISCvWzGb-q9cKKaP4eXRhwUVrGXQTkqVdjwVPf2lM_qz1wSkVbsxe_iWTj0Xj07L4-PUFm-SDTRlV3ZjYBWXzWJ14eWdMcjPplHClD-E7ZPOU9JVfhYdB9iB6HUJN_mMoOcAvOyK_5lKfm1hrUGrqDkmYbIiM7dvwEu9zhTpuBenrbGSyXnU5kpmDUSNgx3AGR_aYPDmaKY2PGP0dW5yr-jMH48PecQpxRJXeCO1bxbgXGPXiiSf7Fm-Jku3zTDWtikFt50az5eFc9BGff5SR51KI9OEL4QkE7oDrbMoXmCauKiNq3s2O8MsnuW7rdBLYzNFWdmB0hFBZwQRbHdhlShzxOOa9ztXGYTLOZ4vqiMGWrJO435WXs6X2Yl3GCdoOQuecP4Y3UHHbnCzDqNnyUQndL7dhvJPj7hu_xE2LDrFA-N8BGiu-hLlvfqU_rBQSEO142deZsEq6UFszekrSZ-8GBBDSSIloqL9ctScP6F5dz3LLLU=w1245-h700-no

JFCIhmr9M6EnBUIRZiYOyFkxmNqqJoPI1kuxbfPRgkyW2B3EYXQxpOf63gvCaZNyAsMcV2ZV8gkCiv5ocQjEiYfha1M_YiPTQ21SDhKTMTVlqG42gJamAhGXnSNuf4rrOOvM2kQLFq5nS62rzPOewIS3C5ZkL0opbU9631GeusJFnXtIZouLCQGk6gMLkgjC-XDQji-IA8lPFqI_eTsYVTRHf06k_vi3KyIOGCo87IaOh7DRaxWzAIjV2Fj5i27VpuUy_wphGVVfo7GbNcDGkYVNmNIJrBIFr5-MYoFD1szFrHJgfaMo175_IkCrVY5lNTa6sc-w_QsJpoDzdBVU-oJzP14EGm-vh-2RDw-P2V7mrk9x3kQjxZVeTLRDp5BZrRyfhZ42W1uXItIUDbU4zkxws9JiLj_d-5WT8841FxbUGxdbOPvTDNR4Z4U8F4IBNzCy8EjLxpD1J23cehg_rMO1AA9E0lZqb5jW_Bs1AZnmDOpBpXghsH6mXd88UPMMUIKTFJ3U8PAtui_hII43GXjfQz3MGPGYiEGRwBFDpz5CsOCcq2RX0VlBEgD6wc5uBJq8IcH9-guHo4tokyuIhY72Dgo2DQrEy6sWiMs=w1245-h700-no

Latest posts

Back