Coffee wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtydog420

Reaction score
I have found a few recipes online. Wondering if anyone here has tried making it and if it was really as good as people say?

Does anyone have a recipe they used?

Thanks

I use this one. Delicious.

1Tablespoon coffee
1kg Sugar
250 ml grape concentrate
1 tsp pectolase
Tannin
Nutrient
1 tsp acid blend or citric acid
Yeast
Use Nescafe or a similar brand, make the coffee in 2 pints of water and add the sugar
When cool to room temperature add the rest of ingredients
Put into a clean demi john. Top up to shoulders of demi john with cold water. Add an airlock and leave to ferment out. This may take a few days or a couple of weeks depending on the temperature.
When the bubbles stop coming through the airlock, or slow down to about one every 2 minutes test the wine.
Either use a hydrometer or taste it. If it's too sweet leave it longer.
If it's dry(sour taste) or just right,syphon off into a clean demi john.
Add 1 campden tablet and potassium sorbate.
Leave to clear.

I was wondering the same. I'm planning to make pure coffee and pure tea as experiments to see how much flavor is left. This is to determine a baseline for adding to other wines.

Mixing these would be awesome! I hope you can have it cold like an ice caff or hot like... well can you have hot wine though?

Mixing these would be awesome! I hope you can have it cold like an ice caff or hot like... well can you have hot wine though?
When you heat it up you will lose some alcohol

What about the flavonoids and all that which are healthy? Also don't they have a lot of the flavour, or is the alcohol part of the flavour?

Hello Tyciol,

welcome to the forum.. tell us what you are making.. and if you have any questions.. we are always happy to help.

Allie

I have found a few recipes online. Wondering if anyone here has tried making it and if it was really as good as people say?

Does anyone have a recipe they used?

Thanks

Coffee recipe 1 gal
5 tbs intant coffee
7 pts water
3 lbs honey or sugar
3tsp acid blend
3/4 tsp energizer
1 crushed campden tab
1 pk of champ yeast

its from a book i got in my starter kit.

so far i dont like it but its real young yet.
Bud

We started a gallon batch on 5/23 with the same recipe xxplod used. Racked into secondary @ 1.030 on 5/27. Can't wait until it's finished and ages!!

Latest posts

Back