Coffee Wine??? Here I go lol

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn! Yes that was the mistake! I'll know better next time. As it is its not all bad so doing it right will be great. Thanks for catching my mistake.

Darn! Yes that was the mistake! I'll know better next time. As it is its not all bad so doing it right will be great. Thanks for catching my mistake.
You can make up a stronger cold brew, like a quart or 2 and blend it with your wine before you backsweeten. But then you may have to divide the batch up into another smaller carboy because of the additional cold brew.
You can also add some glycerin, like a 1/2 oz per gallon. But this will also sweeten the wine a bit so it's good to add this prior to backsweetening. Glycerin will improve the mouth feel of a thin wine.

You can make up a stronger cold brew, like a quart or 2 and blend it with your wine before you backsweeten. But then you may have to divide the batch up into another smaller carboy because of the additional cold brew.
You can also add some glycerin, like a 1/2 oz per gallon. But this will also sweeten the wine a bit so it's good to add this prior to backsweetening. Glycerin will improve the mouth feel of a thin wine.
All good ideas. I did backsweeten all ready but it should still be OK to add strong cold brew to prop it up before I bottle it .

So I went and bottled it about 2 weeks ago. Left it alone this time. The flavors mellowed and smooth out. It has nice mouth feel,not too sweet at all with interesting floral background. No idea whether that came from but I like it. Over all I call it a success. Will do another batch soon paying closer attention to the recipe. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I'm glad it worked out to your satisfaction @photoguy. As winemakers, it is ourselves that we have to please above all. I look at recipes as a starting base. The fun part is taking a recipe and making it our own by experimenting and developing a wine that taste good. Also a wine that we would have no reservations about sharing with family and friends!
Take care!

I will have to try a similar recipe, because I recently found an article about the best whole coffee beans, and one of these days I will buy myself a good coffee, and I have to try to make such a drink. I've been drinking coffee all my life, but I always drink coffee with milk. My wife says that if I drink coffee with milk, I don't like the real taste of coffee. But I just like the taste of coffee with milk, that's all, maybe someday I'll try regular coffee, without sugar and milk. Then perhaps I'll discover something new. Thank you so much for the recipe!

Back