Coconut addition?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First what would you like your. Base wine to be,pino grigio? Actually any white will do accept the heavy German styles.Next what are you planning to use for a flavoring agent, commerical extracts? Once you choose the players the next step is volume and process.

Last edited:
I add coconut shreds (typically used for baking) in bulk aging period. It settles easily. Little by little. Add some, stir, taste in a few days, add more if not enough.
So far used a big dose in a tropical DB. Works great!

Never used coconut shredded before nice idea and inexpensive ,have you made a white wine with it yrs

Never thought of. Using coconut flakes before great Idea and inexpensive to use, have you tried making a white wine with it ?

not yet Joe. Planning to do a couple of white kits next year, not sure which white fits the cocnut flavour, GERVERTZ or Chard? u r expert on the taste profile, any suggestion?

Pino grigio is the primary one I would use.
so i will try a double pg cosco kit next spring. keep an eye on the sale from now on. 84 cad for a double (60 bottle) kit, each with 7 liter juice.
will be fun to tweak.

Pino Grigio sounds interesting.. We don't have a Costco anywhere close. There is a wine and beer supply in Norman OK. What is the brand name? I made a Chardonnay 6 gallon kit that turned out light to my taste buds. Next time I'll cut it back to 5 gallons.

Costco in America doesn't sell wine kits. Only Canada.
Unfortunately for American folks. I did quite a few this year. Double W Zin, double Cab/Merlot, and one singe Shiraz. Pretty happy for the finished Zin and Shiraz batches. A good volume (7L) and so cheap to play, no pressure to tweak. I guess it should be better than Fontana as well as the price. It is my number 1 to-go kit now to play with and a good base to apply the tweaks derived from Joe's cheap kit post.
The brand is Argentia Ridge for the double. Costco supplies another brand but with smaller volume. Never tried.

Latest posts

Back