Cloudy siphon tube

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineYooper

Reaction score
I am getting ready to rack my wine for the first time and I noticed my siphon tube is cloudy. I cleaned after transferring from the fermentor and rinsed well but the inside of the tube is cloudy, almost like a mineral deposit. I have hard well water so I think this may be the culprit. The question is, can I just clean this in b-brite or one step and use, or should I discard and use the new tube I just acquired at the supply store? I picked up a 5 gal. & 1 gal. carboy to get this process moving along. I fear this is going to be an on going problem with the tubing. Any suggestions for the future as well. I clean all equipment after using before storing.

What did you clean it with? One Step? If so, that is what made it cloudy. The per carbonate cleaners such as One Step, Easy Clean, Oxy Clean, and PBW as well as K-Meta will make the hose cloudy particularly if left to soak. Almost all of my tubing looks this way.

Latest posts

Back