Cloudy F-pak?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodbee

Reaction score
I am preparing a F-pak for a couple batches of Eldeberry wine. I have frozen juice that is rather thick and cloudy. I am trying to filter it out some through cheese cloth and then I thought I might try to get it to go through a coffee filter. I will heat it up and add some ( not too much sugar), let it cool and then add it to my carboys. If filtering does not clear the juice will it cloud my wine? And if it does will this ever clear on it's own? And if not, will a fining agent do the trick?
Thanks Brad

Filtering it might help but not sure it will fix it. If you add it to your wine add it with some pectic enzyme just in case its a pectin haze. If it doesnt clear on its own a fining agent like SuperKleer should do the trick just fine. This is why I always sweeten a wine befor letting it clear though so i dont have to worry about clearing all over again.

Almost every time you add a f-pac it will clear your wine. Thats why we suggest doing it BEFORE adding clearing agents. So, dont worry just add it.

F-pack ?

Okay I have a question here. I know that an F-Pack is a Finishing Pack, but could someone explain how it's made, what's its use and is it needed? I know that they come with some kit wines but I like to do things the old fashion way and try and stay away from kits for now. Like is there a recipe for them as compared to a gallon of wine or a 5 gallon batch of wine?

Okay I have a question here. I know that an F-Pack is a Finishing Pack, but could someone explain how it's made, what's its use and is it needed? I know that they come with some kit wines but I like to do things the old fashion way and try and stay away from kits for now. Like is there a recipe for them as compared to a gallon of wine or a 5 gallon batch of wine?

F-PAC

How to make a F-PAC

Add 20-30% of what used in the primary in a large frying pan or pot. Simmer to extract all "flavor" and reduce the water from the fruit. Strain thru a kitchen strainer and add AFTER you rack and after the wine is DRY ( .990) You MUST have added k-meta and Sorbate before adding the f-pac. Once adding the f-pac you can add clearing agent. You will have to rack at least 2+ more times. Then
back sweeten to YOUR taste using simple syrup.

Tom

Home of the
MOON RIVER BREWERY
and
DELANCO VINEYARDS

Latest posts

Back