Cloudy After adding Campden and Sorbate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plato

Reaction score
This is probably premature but about 6 days ago I added my Potassium Sorbate and Potassium Metabisulphate to my some what cleared wine. Well actually I racked the wine one last time then added the above chemicals. Six days later the wine appears cloudy. During this time I try to degass once to twice a day. Should I stop degassing and let it sit a while or go for a clearing chemical?

If you are stirring it up, it won't clear. But if it isn't fully degassed, it won't clear either. Make sure you are fully degassed, then let it sit for a couple weeks.

Sorry I have not responded sooner. I used I think its called super Kleer or something like that. I dont recall exactly the name but it cleared them up nice. I have since then bottled and enjoyed most of it. Around the holidays I was proud of it so I was letting friends and family drink up what I made. Needles to say I have 5 gallons of Dragon blood finishing up currently and my wine making addiction hobby is at full speed ahead.

ok, i use bentonite to clarify my wine. But why its happend still a mystery which wants to solve;)

Latest posts

Back