Clearing wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spunk

Reaction score
I started a cherry preserve wine in april i would like to bottle. I added extra sugar and potassium sorbate 2 weeks ago. I have a lot of sediments that are floating near bottom. May be more its red wine i cannot really see. I used pectic in beginning. I have racked 2 times since I put into secondary. also filtered it cheap way with coffee filter. What is a good fining agent and will it reduce the floaties. I have some Isinglass now. I have never used any fining agents before.

What can i do about all the stuff floating in this cherry preserve wine.when i added potassium sorbate and extra sugar i used a fpack i made with table grapes. I think that may be what is floating. Next time just sugar water only second time for me to back sweeten. Started this wine on April.

Here are some pics i have a flash light behind to help them show up.

1443385061253.jpg

1443385077540.jpg

Last year I made some choke cherry liqueur, and after several months I saw zero clearing progress. IMO, you need to get a filter, are just enjoy it cloudy. Same this year with Apricot wine. No to slow clearing.

What about putting pectic enzymes in it I already did before i added yeast i was thinking maybe the grapes and sugar added later may have put pectin in it i heated it up to melt the sugar then put in after it cooled. I may add some pectic and see has anyone tryed that and had any good results.

I opened this wine so it ended up clearing last year. It is very nice taste like cherry pie tart and a bit sweet

Clear it with Sparkolloid. If made correctly you may see it clear very quickly. Also make sure it is well degassed.

There is a tutorial on using Sparkolloid in the Tutorial section on here. Patience.

Latest posts

Back