Clearing wine in secondary fermenter?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ferment dry in the primary...I feel most people do this...once its in secondary its done...at the point its in secondary I add my sorbate, kmeta, and finer and degass

the bench
Yeah so i ended up using the buon vino to pump the wine which seemed to save a but more wine than an autosiphon...it also helped to degas it. I added the clearing agents already and topped up with 4 bottles of a half decent shiraz. So camenere blend it is now, tasting excellent so far. Came out with a surpising peach note but that is subsiding and the spice and smoke are coming through. Do you frement until dry in the primary even if the kit tells you otherwise? I think the main reason they have you rack it is to get it off the gross lees. However, all the kits ive done so far have been frementing pretty fast and usually reach 0.998 by day 10 or so.I always taste and get the wife to taste to see if its sweet before i clear. The amarone im frementing right now says to rack at 1.10...ill probably follow the directions on this kit. On a side note after 4-5 days i put an airlock on the primary frementer pale which is probably an sg of 1.2 or 1.3 by than

Yeah so i ended up using the buon vino to pump the wine which seemed to save a but more wine than an autosiphon...it also helped to degas it. I added the clearing agents already and topped up with 4 bottles of a half decent shiraz. So camenere blend it is now, tasting excellent so far. Came out with a surpising peach note but that is subsiding and the spice and smoke are coming through. Do you frement until dry in the primary even if the kit tells you otherwise? I think the main reason they have you rack it is to get it off the gross lees. However, all the kits ive done so far have been frementing pretty fast and usually reach 0.998 by day 10 or so.I always taste and get the wife to taste to see if its sweet before i clear. The amarone im frementing right now says to rack at 1.10...ill probably follow the directions on this kit. On a side note after 4-5 days i put an airlock on the primary frementer pale which is probably an sg of 1.2 or 1.3 by than
no matter what the directions say, I rack when dry.....and topped off with 4 bottles????? Jesus Christ!! are we talking full sized 750ml bottles??

the bench

no matter what the directions say, I rack when dry.....and topped off with 4 bottles????? Jesus Christ!! are we talking full sized 750ml bottles??

the bench

Also forgot to ask, are you not concerned about getting it off the gross lees/ skins if added?

Latest posts

Back