clear enough to bottle?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
picture.php

i sweetened my skeeter pee tonight. i just felt like it was still a little cloudy?
how clear does it need to be to bottle?

I've got one of those. It's nice to polish wines with but time is what is needed to get things really clear.

Time is usually the best but I finally bottled a peach wine that just didnt clear well after a year and against evrything I know instead of adding SuperKleer I tried to filter it with this and it came out crystal clear.

Rica, I backsweetend one of my wines last week. It was very clear two days later and I bottled it. Three days later as I was putting the bottles away I notice sediment in each bottle. I ended opening every bottle back up and dumping them back in the carboy. Plus this meant recleaning and delabeling 30 bottles. If I had only waited a few weeks. This won't happen again to me.
By the way this is just between us as I do not want Tom to know about this.
3 P's!!!!!!!!!!!

Rica, I backsweetend one of my wines last week. It was very clear two days later and I bottled it. Three days later as I was putting the bottles away I notice sediment in each bottle. I ended opening every bottle back up and dumping them back in the carboy. Plus this meant recleaning and delabeling 30 bottles. If I had only waited a few weeks. This won't happen again to me.
By the way this is just between us as I do not want Tom to know about this.
3 P's!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup - my apple spice is clearing very nicely - i haven't even used super kleer yet - but it looks crystal clear. Did a racking last week - today i noticed a dusting on the bottom of the carboy.

Dan is right the 3 P's definitely apply here.

If it were mine and I were thirsty, I'd bottle it. I doubt there are any negative flavors contained in that little bit of haze. If it were something you were going to submit for judging, then more time would be in order.

If it were mine and I were thirsty, I'd bottle it. I doubt there are any negative flavors contained in that little bit of haze. If it were something you were going to submit for judging, then more time would be in order.

no judging, just drinking:db
(and giving as gifts)

If you're gifting it's probably getting judged. <winks>

I agree - if it were just for your own consumption - bottle and drink away. If you are giving it away - you don't want to give bottles with sediment at the bottom IMO.

But if that is alright with you - to each their own ;)

If you're gifting it's probably getting judged. <winks>

i'll find out monday, lol. i gave one bottle to a friend whose been dying to try this "skeeter pee stuff". if i could just get some little bottles, lol, but i think i'll just put it in a wine bottle. i'm sure when it's opened, it's not going to last long anyway:db

Back