Cleaning station

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to start with this and build the rest around it:
20200109-213643.jpg

I want to do a wash tub like berrycrush in my garage. I have the hot/cold faucets and supply lines all set up but oddly no drain pipe! I would have to cut the concrete floor to connect to a drain! Don’t really want to do that.

I want to do a wash tub like berrycrush in my garage. I have the hot/cold faucets and supply lines all set up but oddly no drain pipe! I would have to cut the concrete floor to connect to a drain! Don’t really want to do that.

Do you have any drain or vent pipe close enough to put in an above ground tank and pump?

Can always install a drain pump and tie into somewhere closeby. Different styles out there. And not all need to be vented. Couple hundred bucks likely.
But having a nice tub sink to work from in your wine area is priceless.

Here’s a basic one that mounts right into the tailpipe IMG_0202.JPG

Can always install a drain pump and tie into somewhere closeby. Different styles out there. And not all need to be vented. Couple hundred bucks likely.
But having a nice tub sink to work from in your wine area is priceless.

Here’s a basic one that mounts right into the tailpipe View attachment 58285

You had to up me one didn't you, LOL!

Is your house on a slab or do you have a basement? If one of your garage walls is common with the house and you have a basement, you can run the drain through the wall, down into the basement to a drain line. Just a thought.

Is your house on a slab or do you have a basement? If one of your garage walls is common with the house and you have a basement, you can run the drain through the wall, down into the basement to a drain line. Just a thought.

It's a good thought but the garage wall going to the basement will be on a foundation wall

In the short term you can always hook a length of hose to the sink and run it out the garage door as a temporary drain until you work out a permanent solution.

Our winery is/was our4th bedroom. So I took the closet and made it the cleaning station. That’s a std plastic laundry tub in the middle. The back wall backs up to the garage, so I got the H & C water off the hot water heater. Had to be creative for the drain, 2” pvc along the garage wall then out thru the block wall into a 6 gal bucket with holes. Works perfect in the Florida sand. Roy

Attachments

• 07204B3D-60EB-4087-A02B-BEDCCD619B87.jpeg
    07204B3D-60EB-4087-A02B-BEDCCD619B87.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 56
Had to be creative for the drain, 2” pvc along the garage wall then out thru the block wall into a 6 gal bucket with holes. Works perfect in the Florida sand. Roy

Awesome! Love hearing different solutions people come up with. Sounds like a makeshift dry-well you made there. Im installing something similar for my storm lines.

My garage has hot and cold faucets on an interior wall. I’d put the washtubs there then drain it into a sewer drain in the garage floor midway across the room. Thinking about using flexible piping like a pool drain extending to that drain only when using the tubs. Not sure if I even need a pump in that setup.

Nice looking installation! I also live in central Florida. Unfortunately, the bedroom I'm using as my wine room is on the opposite side of the house from my garage. Were it otherwise, I would strongly look at implementing your ideas.

I currently clean my wine making equipment in my garage sink. It gets so hot and humid out there in the summer that, following a bottling session, I have to do my cleaning in shifts; coming back into the house to cool off in between.

I am a big "re-purposer" so much of my wine making area is made up of repurposed items and materials. I bought a sink at Home Depot, and built two tables out of scrap lumber to flank the sink. I can put a carboy or a demijohn in each side but I normally use one side to wash and one side to rinse. The faucet is from our kitchen when we remodeled and has a pull out sprayer. To rinse the inside of the carboy or demijohn, I lay the piece on its side on one of the tables and spray water into it and let the water run into the sink. I made a long drill attachment for cleaning the insides of the vessels using a drill extension and a large brush (cutting off the end of the brush to fit into the drill extension). I made a drying rack out of scraps from a patio umbrella that was destroyed in a wind storm and padded it with scrap carpeting. After rinsing the vessels well, I dry the outside and invert them in the rack and the inside drip dries.

View attachment 57953View attachment 57954View attachment 57956View attachment 57955
You mind stopping by and building mine?😊

Latest posts

Back