Cleaning 1 gallon bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around the bucket

Yes, you put the open one gallon jug in the bottom of the five gallon bucket. This leaves plenty of empty space around it. Then you just pour in your corks around the glass jug. Place the original five gallon tub lid back in place, sealing it or at least keeping it securel down (in case sealing it is too difficult to get it back off).

The corks remain dry, but the fumes permeate the cork over time.

When you need some, take the bucket outside, remove your top (unless you are already in a well ventilated area) and then take out the number of corks you will need for your bottling!

Rotate and replace corks as necessary.

Mead

So did you try Joe's mead, or are you waiting on the clover this summer for an all natural go at it?

I tend to do the mostly natural side of things, buying from local growers when I can't go out and just get it for free from nature.

So did you try Joe's mead, or are you waiting on the clover this summer for an all natural go at it?

I tend to do the mostly natural side of things, buying from local growers when I can't go out and just get it for free from nature.

Yes I did. I looked beautiful. Tasted like crud. The clove overpowered the mead. My mom loved it. I am currently making a whole bunch of different fruit wines. I love those. Best to date was the hard apple cider.

I agree that the cloves over powered the mead but also must admit that I used wine yeast instead and hate it. Its about 1 1/2 years old now and maybe I should try a bottle again but after 3 months of being in the bottle it was nasty.

A whole bunch of different ones at the same time, huh? Mike a couple months ago you didn't know what you were gonna do with all those bottles.:D
I think you may be hooked. LOL
Troy
:b

A whole bunch of different ones at the same time, huh? Mike a couple months ago you didn't know what you were gonna do with all those bottles.:D
I think you may be hooked. LOL
Troy
:b

I done bought several different carboys, have about 200 empty 750ml wine bottles, need more corks, ans am fixin to get a wine filtration pump.

Latest posts

Back