Clarifying after blending with juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazaruni

Reaction score
I made a wine kit called "Coastal White." It's been bottled since April 2013. It tastes OK, but I found that I like it a lot if I sweeten it with a little Reisling juice I have frozen. I think I'm going to open all the bottles and add the Reisling. Eventually I will have to clarify it. Any ideas about the best way to clarify in this situation, with unfermented Reisling juice blended in? Or how long I should let it sit in a carboy to meld with the juice?

Thanks so much! I really appreciate this forum!

I made a wine kit called "Coastal White." It's been bottled since April 2013. It tastes OK, but I found that I like it a lot if I sweeten it with a little Reisling juice I have frozen. I think I'm going to open all the bottles and add the Reisling. Eventually I will have to clarify it. Any ideas about the best way to clarify in this situation, with unfermented Reisling juice blended in? Or how long I should let it sit in a carboy to meld with the juice?

Thanks so much! I really appreciate this forum!
I don't have the answer to your question, but if you didn't add the sorbate when you made the kit, add some before sweetening.

Steve

Stick it back in a carboy, add juice to taste, and taste every month until you're pleased. Essentially, no prescribed time frame, let it clear/add clarifiers, and then wait until you like the taste to bottle.

Latest posts

Back