Cider maker in SW Missouri

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RolandD

Junior
Reaction score
Near the end of August 2020, my wife and I got to talking about how grape wines give her a migraine, but fruit wines and mead don't seem to bother her at all, and how we always enjoyed homemade fruit wines and meads more than store bought. That same evening and the next morning I began to suspect that I was losing my sense of taste. Being conscientious, I informed my work and got two weeks off to quarantine. I never got sick, so I spent my time researching making mead. I found a lot of overlap between mead making and cider making. I like hard cider, a lot.

I decided to jump in with both feet and try a cider kit. It turned out pretty good. Then I tried a mead and a cyser using a gallon of black raspberry wine base. That turned out OK. My next effort brought my greatest success and my greatest failure. Using Old Orchard Tart Cherry Juice, I attempted at Tart Cherry Cider and a Tart Cherry Melomel. The cider turned out great, the Melomel not great, yet. After that, my wife told me to just concentrate on ciders.

Since then, I made about 100 gallons of cider and have been active on HomeBrewTalk.com. I signed up here because a lot of what I've learned is more applicable to wine making and I thought I'd share that here, since I've mined this forum for guidance and insight from the beginning.

Welcome to WMT!
Country wine is my passion for more then 15 years now. And I still learn new things here at WMT all the time. There are a lot of great, friendly folks here who will answer questions and/or help find the correct solutions.
Looking forward to your input and questions.
Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back