Chrysanthemum Phototorial

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo!
smiley32.gif

Just keep all that vinegar away from the winemaking area.
smiley2.gif

Will do PWP, salads and wine...can't say when....The lakes are beginning to freeze, then we move our shanty onto the ice and we virtually live on the lake for a couple months...got to have some fresh fish to go with the wines....one of the perks of living in the Northland...ice fishing.....think I would prefer the south myself...the peaches and muscadines[spelling ?] sound awfully inviviting....as well as the temps barely freezing...but make do with what you have.....later...

MedPretzel said:
Woohoo! 
smiley32.gif

Just keep all that vinegar away from the winemaking area. 
smiley2.gif

Is it not good to have vinegars stored near the wine??? Or just near the fermenting process???? Explain please. I never thought!!!!

Anytime before the wine is safely in bottles it could potentially be invaded
by acetobacter bacillii (the bugs that turn fruit juice to vinegar.) If you are
actively making vinegar close to where you're also making wine the
thinking is that the bugs could migrate to your wine area. I believe that is
the thinking, anyone else should correct me as needed.

Bill

Update Mum: SG has hit 0.994 or so. Hard to tell with all the foaming action going on!

2005-12-02_142435_mum2.jpg

Here's what it looks like today:

2005-12-02_142454_mum.jpg

PolishWineP said:
Grab your boots and bottles!  Party on the lake! 
There has been an occasional party ON the lake.

2005-12-03_143748_33-_A_FEW_FRIENDS.jpg

So if you see Us'ins by our shanty stop in and lift a few.

2005-12-03_143902_US'INS.jpg

Just a couple photos from last winter....so all you lucky folks in the South can see how the Northerners pass their time when the ice gets thick on the lakes...not thick enough for us yet...but getting there.Edited by: Northern Winos

Thanks...When the shanty was brown it looked like a cardboard box...so...I got creative....always wanted a log cabin at[on] the lake.
Always something cool on ice, and a good cup of tea or coffee too.
A good past time....would rather be mowing lawn, or picking fruit to make wine....but ya gotta-do what you gotta-do.
Edited by: Northern Winos

NW,

It is nice to have the change of seasons to look forward to....

Living in Houston there is really no such thing, just warm, hot and hotter. Although, last Christmas eve we had snow. It was unbelievable!!! It was a special gift!!!

I miss the winters in W.Va. Really nice fishing shack. I'll bet you all have lots of good times there!!

Ramona

Thank your blessings....you have lots of fruits for your wines...you have green grass all year....hot can be bad, so can frost bite......we have rhubarb and choke cherries, you have peaches and muscadines...guess it's give and take....we are all fortunate in our own places.

When you said North you really meant it didn't you.
What's the white stuff on on the ground?
Edited by: peterCooper

Hi Peter

My wife and I went to Elkhart last Monday and came back Wensday evening. We stayed with friends and it was like being close to Heaven in the woods ,nice and peacefull. Didnt want to come back home, but needed to attend to my wine i am making. I would love to live in the piney woods. Next time we go maybe i can stop by and see you love to meet other wine makers , and maybe exchange some fruits of our labor (wine)

Harry in Alvin Tx

peterCooper said:
When you said North you really meant it didn't you.
What's the white stuff on on the ground?

Yes, that's snow on the ground, and in that photo [Feb 2005]there was about 30 inches of ice underneath the snow...Thats how so many cars can be parked by the fish house [spearing house] on the lake....fun tho.

NW
Glad to meet up if you ever get down this way.
Spent some time in Missouri and the winters there can get cold but not 30"
of ice on the lake! Wow!

'bout the only thing you can guarantee here is 30 inches of leaves on the
pool
smiley36.gif

Ramona will tell you. Cold means the tar on the roads aint meltin'
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back