Christmas ideas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justsipn

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So....my kids always ask what I want for Christmas. Three kids all in college....so, they go together and might spend $75-100.

I’m new to wine making. So, what’s a good gift idea to tell them?

6 GL Italian Carboys

Dawg
Italian Floor Corker, Ph Meter, Wine Kit
All good ideas. I thought about a floor corker all I have is a hand held one that worked, but I think a floor corker would be nicer.

I also thought about having them pick out the next wine I make and getting me a wine kit. They will be helping us drink it....so they could enjoy the gift too.

I would love another 6 gallon carboy so I could have two batches going at the same time. My wife might start looking at me in that weird way wives do when they think their husbands have gone overboard with something. :slp

I would love another 6 gallon carboy so I could have two batches going at the same time. My wife might start looking at me in that weird way wives do when they think their husbands have gone overboard with something. :slp

My motto has been, if your wife isn't looking at you like that about wine, then you certainly aren't making enough. I get that look every so often, I have 30+ carboys of various sizes and shapes with about 15 or so of them filled at the present time.

justsipin, only one carboy, oh my! We have 22 carboys and are always looking for another. This hobby “ grows “ on you! Roy
I actually have two. When I started my first batch of rhubarb in April, I didn’t know what size to buy so I bought a 5 gallon. Recently I started a kit so I needed a 6 gallon. It worked out great because when I racked it the first time, I just racked it into the 5 gallon with two extra bottles for future topping off later.

I would also go with a wine kit. As mentioned above, something your entire family enjoys You can share it with them when they visit.
When they have got their degrees and are making big money, go with some oak barrels....
Speaking of which.

I’ve been looking and it’s hard finding a 5 or 6 gallon barrel.

My motto has been, if your wife isn't looking at you like that about wine, then you certainly aren't making enough. I get that look every so often, I have 30+ carboys of various sizes and shapes with about 15 or so of them filled at the present time.
My husband encourages me to buy whatever wine supplies I need so that I can't complain about his garden purchases;)

Wine, like many growing arts, like gardening, involve so much nourishing. They involve attention and empathy, a sense of compassion that allows one to better understand what the organisms they are exploiting are going through. Thus, women, as natures mothers are perhaps more suited than men in this symbiotic endeavor. Food for thought.

It is surprising though how few women make wine, at least on this forum. Whenever I visit wineries it is always mostly women.
If someone starts a thread to determine how many women are on this forum, count me as one of the few............................................DizzyIzzy

Latest posts

Back