Christmas came early....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank&Rita

Reaction score
I have been buying components on EBay to build a kegerator, I was at work telling someone about it and he said he had one for sale from a friend of his. Turned out to be a True TDD-3 when I saw the True name and the fact he wanted $400 for it I told the Lovely Rita I would like it for Christmas (she was going to buy me a new chest freezer to convert). I cleaned it and plugged it in today and it works, in fact it was 25 degrees after 1 hour. I checked the serial number on line and it's 4 1/2 years old. I still have a ways to go for kegged beer, need to re-hose everything, it was sitting unused for 2 years. It looks like it will hold at least 10 corny's. Right now it's still in my truck, got to get a plan to move it into the house as it weighs 350lbs. I've got 10 corny's, think it's time to start filling them, going to start 2 batches of Chocolate Stout this week.

20081027_190509_CIMG1787.JPG
Edited by: Frank&Rita

That looks pretty serious You 2. If you keep it outside then there si no need to plug it in up there!
smiley36.gif

Spray some bleach on the inside, wait 2 days, rinse out with a hose, and purchase at least 20 feet of 1/4 ID braided hose, maybe more. Take each tap, and bleach that well too. If any parts are sticking, buy replacements for those parts.

Once a month, take the kegs out and mist a 20% bleach solutions inside the unit and wipe down. Then hook everything back up and enjoy. Clean the lines out every 2nd keg change. Get one or two 20lb tanks of CO2 and 1 tank of 80% Nitrogen and 20% Co2 for stouts (beer gas). Very nice setup! I paid $160 for my BevAirII single tap!

I made a set of rollers for the kegerator, work real well easy to push around.

20081101_040828_casters.JPG

Years ago a friend gave us a bar with a tapper....We put it in our family room....He told us..... "It's dangerous and you'll be sorry"...He was real happy to get rid of it....He said his brother and cousins would show up after games and after the bars closed.

At the time another friend was building us a sauna in our basement, free labor for users rights....Many times we come home and find him passed out in our family room....He'd say" It was too hot to work outside today so I came to work on the sauna in the cool basement"

Later we drank a few kegs by ourselves....We'd go downstairs with a pitcher, drink one beer while the pitcher filled....Then we were thinking it was too far away to go all the way downstairs to get beer.....

We got rid of it too...Be careful!!!!
smiley4.gif

Right now I'm waiting for a new thermostat to arrive, it goes to 22 degrees and stays there. Also waiting for my cleaning kit and new hoses and tap handles and well you know$$$

He had to empty all the kegs in that kegerator setup and didn't remember he was part of the Frank and Rita Team now! Better rein him in there Rita! Before you know it he will be laying there with two or three of those hoses in his mouth at once!
smiley3.gif
smiley36.gif

The kegger is set to go now, just have it off due to POWER CONSUMPTION, this baby is 8.5 amps... They say it won't run so much when I get some kegs in there, so I'm carbing the kegs in the wine room where it's cold now anyways.

20081120_195831_CIMG1885_Medium.JPG

Latest posts

Back