Choosing between Lalvin EC-1118 or K1-V1116 ??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kokomimi

Junior
Reaction score
I will be making wine from store bought juice Reds and Whites.. So I have to choose between these two yeasts ! since i'm from Kuwait and there are no brewing stores here so I will be ordering it online! so please if you can advice me between these two yeasts which one to choose for reds and whites .. and without adding yeast nutrient ..

thanks

Look at the chart depicted below, your two yeasts are all of the way to the right hand side. Based on the comparison of the two, they both have very good characteristics and will do well with your fruit. The notable difference that strikes me is in the last row, where the nutrient requirements for the 1116 is considered "Very Low" compared to the 1118, which is considered "Normal". You should strongly consider the 1116 based upon your nutrient issue..........

Lalvin Yeast Strain Selection Chart.jpg

I have both I'm making peach wine and I've got yest nutrients aswell its sounds to me that th 1118 is best choice ??? For my application

Look at the chart depicted below, your two yeasts are all of the way to the right hand side. Based on the comparison of the two, they both have very good characteristics and will do well with your fruit. The notable difference that strikes me is in the last row, where the nutrient requirements for the 1116 is considered "Very Low" compared to the 1118, which is considered "Normal". You should strongly consider the 1116 based upon your nutrient issue..........

View attachment 51030
Thankyou for submitting this chart. I will print it out and add to my binder of notes...................................DizzyIzzy

Latest posts

Back