Chocolate strawberry ideas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several years ago I made a strawberry chocolate wine following Jack Kelley’s recipe. After a year of aging it was terrific.

@Jovimaple

when you did the FWK Strawberry, did you add the pack X carbon?

I did a FWK Strawberry and it is sooo delicious and much better than the strawberry I did from strawberries.

I added a little chocolate extract (cacoa nibs in vodka for a few months) to one gallon of it. I just bottled a few weeks ago and it's awesome at this point, but if I do it again, I may add a little more chocolate extract and maybe a touch of vanilla extract.

I want to see if/how the flavor changes as it ages before I do it again.

Edit to add the FWKs are on sale this week AND if you email them after purchase, you get a lifetime 10% off (from whatever the current price is) on all FWK - just make sure to set up/log into your Label Peelers account before ordering.

So I am starting the FWK strawberry and I decided to add 16 Oz of chirardelli 100% Dutch cocoa to primary. I pulled out 32 oz of juice and mixed 16% Dutch cocoa in a pot on stove. Got it all mixed and cooled and added to primary. Added two TBLS of vanilla extract my wife made too. Hope it goes well. Following the rest of the directions. I pitch the yeast this evening.

It comes with 2 packs of wine conditioner that get added in 2 separate steps later (the 2nd is used to sweeten to taste and is added a couple weeks after the first). If you rack it all back into a 6 gallon carboy, you don't have to measure the 1st dose wine conditioner to be sure each half gets the right amount.

they must have changed the directions. Mine only mentions to add the sweetener pack after adding the clearing agents. Cannot find any more mentioned. I assume you would need to bench test how sweet you want it. I have two packs of conditioner that came with it.

Back