Chocolate Raspberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AoifeLuC

Reaction score
I've learned yesterday my order for the Chocolate Raspberry Wine will be mailed Tuesday. Im excited to finally get it on it's way. Since it is a port type wine will there be a difference in the process? Do I stir it daily? Am I working myself into a frinzy? Thanks ahead of time for any "hints" in this port wine. One last question ...Should it be bottled in the smaller bottles (tall and thin)?
Happy Labour Day to all.

same as any kit, I did the same kit a few years ago, fortified to 20% with brandy and bottled in the small bottles. I think the smaller bottles are good for this port, I've got two left and keep talking myself into NOT opening them yet because they were really good.
mike

I think the original kit does not require any brandy addition. wait util you see the instructions and do taste test after all is done before you make any additions.

I'm doing a Vanilla Fig now and I'm not adding Everclear instead of brandy. Everclear is cheaper, easier to control alcohol content, and it will not chance the taste like brandy does.

I'm doing a Vanilla Fig now and I'm not adding Everclear instead of brandy. Everclear is cheaper, easier to control alcohol content, and it will not chance the taste like brandy does.

I started this same kit on Oct. 7, 2016.

My final notes read:

Nov 6, 2016 racked off gross lees and added 1 American medium oak spiral and topped off with VSOP 40% ABV and 80% proof brandy, maybe around 30% of the brandy bottle (.750ml)

Apr 4, 2017 racked and added 1/8 k-meta, placed oak spiral back and topped off with grain 95% alcohol, about .200ml

I have not checked this port since April, time to check..!!

Latest posts

Back