WineXpert Chocolate Raspberry Port!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started my CRP in Jan and just tasted it - wow - what a flavor!! Still quite a bit of lees so I racked this morning. Quite a bit of headspace so I added 1 bottle of a commercial port and it still tastes great. But, there is still more headspace than I like. Should I add another partial bottle of port or something else? Should I keep bulk aging or just go ahead and bottle?

Thanx

rrawhide

remember our troops!!

Bottle it if it's clear or change to different size vessels, or add marbles or argon gas or.....

Filling the void with inert gas is an option, fortifying it with Evercleer or something to that nature is another or the Port like you said and downsizing to smaller vessels is yet another, all your choice. Dont bottle this if you dont think its clear though.

For those of you who have made this in the past, how long did you bulk age before bottling. I started this kit last year 10/5/09 and its been sitting in a carboy since 11/30/09.Does this require a lot of time, or should it be pretty good now....

Also, will this one drop a lot of wine diamonds. I have the means to cold stabilize, but don't want to do so if its not going to be an issue.

Thanks

No cold stabilization needed for this and I would think its ready to drink right now. Nice job on the patience!

has anyone filtered this product.....going to use the #2 pads...in the directions it mentions to ask supplier....

I didnt the first time and even though I gave it more time in carboy it dropped a ton of lees in the bottle. I didnt give it nearly as much time in bulk as I do now a days though but did give it a little more time then said in the instructions. I would either give it at least 6 more months then suggested or filter and probably both. I think the #2 pads are way better then not using it at all.

My CRP had yeast cast on 10/18/09, and I bottled it today.
( I needed the carboy, this years juice is coming out of primary ) I filtered it last week with 3 micron pads. It tastes great! ( think both time and filtering is good on this one as Wade suggests )

Latest posts

Back