WineXpert Chocolate-Rasberry Port Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
acesover said:
what was your final abv? did you fortify it?

I just made the kit following the directions. I'm not really sure about the ABV. Didn't take close enough notes!! It's a little young right now. I'll have to put it on the shelf for a little while before I pop a cork!

uavwmn said:
T, they look awesome!!!

Thanks! I have the Chocolate/Orange in the clearing stage right now. I think these are going to be nice sippers for those cold winter nights. Good thing we have some commercial Raspberry Port to hold us over this weekend!!

anyone do a double batch of this? and if so did you add both packets of the clariffing agents and meta or should i only use one of each. its in the secondary now for acouple of days and has really slowed down.

I did a dble batch and I recommend using everything you have as there is a lot of sediment with this kit and a since the meta that came with it is designed for the smaller batch and there is all that sweetness after adding the F-packs I would use all that came with both kits. Did you use all the yeasts also as this is a struggle for this batch.

how to check abv on a port?

do i add the incress in sg from chapitilising to the original sg to come up with a new starting sg for formula purposes?

right now where 7 days into secondary - sg 1.012 down from 1.015.

Edited by: acesover

didnt see your question there wade. yes we used both packs of yeast. seems to have stoped now but will wait the 10 days and see what happens.

we only have one pack of chitini (clearing agent) as one was damaged in shipping do you think this will be fine or should we use something else.

If you contact Wineexpert cust service they will send you another clearing packet. I've had that happen and they got a new one to me right away.

I made a double batch and I used double everything. I'm bottling it today.

Jackie said:
If you contact Wineexpert cust service they will send you another clearing packet. I've had that happen and they got a new one to me right away.

I made a double batch and I used double everything. I'm bottling it today.

Pictures?????

I would email or call W.E for the additional packet or get another clarifier and let it sit in carboy awhile as this kit has a lot of sediment to drop out.

would super kleer work i do have a package of this. does anyone know how to check the alcohol content on a port? should i adjust the starting sg?

I've used superkleer and it's always worked for me --I've only used it once on a kit wine that didn't want to clear but it did the job.

It would work but may also void the warranty. That being said I prefer SuperKleer over any other fining agents I have used to date.

You take the starting sg and subtract the sg in which you raised it(in ex. 1.112 -1.012=0.1and multiply that by 131.25=13.125), then you take the sg in which you chaptalized at (in ex. 1.020 and your subtract finished sg, say 1.000= .02 and multiply that by 131.25=2.625 and add the results together and you end up with your total 13.25 + 2.625= 15.75%. I hope that makes sense.

ok its been in the boy for 10 days and its still 1.012. should we give this more time or should we go on to the next step?

starting sg -- 1.122
chapitilized at -- 1.010
went to -- 1.022
now its -- 1.012

sg has been at 1.012 for the past 3 days we gave it a little stir the other day and it doesnt look like anything is going on.

any suggestion?

Looks like 16.0125% to me and my bet is that it is finished fermenting. Mine finished a little bit sweeter and I kept temps up around 73*. I have heard a lot of people with their kits finishing sweet but havent heard of anyone complaining as it tastes great.

Just found out that I can get 30 more of the Chocolotate Raspberry Port. I will be putting the info in the April newsletter, but for those of you on the forum, you get first shot. The price will be $99.99 per kit and will be sold on a first come basis. It is not on the online system yet, so if you want one, please send me an email or give me a call so I know how many to reserve.

geocorn said:
Just found out that I can get 30 more of the Chocolotate Raspberry Port. I will be putting the info in the April newsletter, but for those of you on the forum, you get first shot. The price will be $99.99 per kit and will be sold on a first come basis. It is not on the online system yet, so if you want one, please send me an email or give me a call so I know how many to reserve.

E-mail sent.

Monty

Latest posts

Back