China is the 4th largest producer of wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they do a recall on a kit that we buy from them do we send them the whole carboy? All that we've bottled? :d

Interesting.. I never would have guessed Wine in China.

This is actually scary. With all the varied climates in China, I'm sure there are places where grapes could grow well, and might even produce some unique flavors and tastes like Argentina.

But, if I can imagine anyone fixing wine faults with illegal methods such as antifreeze, it's China.

almost all of china produced wine is supermarket-style wine not intended for export.

what should be of more concern to us is that wine consumption in china is growing every year as Europe's wine consumption is shrinking every year... as imported wine continues to gain a foothold in china, we will see availability decrease here and prices will go up... the potential market in china is absolutely huge, 100x our market size. australia is already heavily marketing their wine to china.

what should be of more concern to us is that wine consumption in china is growing every year as Europe's wine consumption is shrinking every year... as imported wine continues to gain a foothold in china, we will see availability decrease here and prices will go up...

I can not see why this would be my concern. I have not bought a bottle of wine for eons........
I make my own wine so what do I care what supermarket or shop prices for wine are ?????

Luc

i don't personally make wine as an alternative to other's wine. while i enjoy my own wine i also enjoy the vast variety of commercially available wines and wines available from professional vineyards.
i still purchase wine quite often, although now 90% of those purchases are direct from the vineyard or winery and not through a retailer.

i don't personally make wine as an alternative to other's wine. while i enjoy my own wine i also enjoy the vast variety of commercially available wines and wines available from professional vineyards.
i still purchase wine quite often, although now 90% of those purchases are direct from the vineyard or winery and not through a retailer.

Well said... I'm in the same camp. My wife and I enjoy taking trips through relatively local wine areas where we can visit wineries and buy wines that we enjoy during tastings. I know we are mostly talking about overseas production, but if that product becomes more scarce and expensive the same will happen with the local producers.

I enjoy making my own wine, but I don't want to be forced to make my own wine because other avenues become prohibitively expensive.

Also, if you enjoy grape wine but only want to make it yourself... the kits, juice buckets, and grapes would also go up in price because the juice/fruit would demand more on the open market.

I wouldn't risk drinkin a wine made in China. They have such low standards for food safety and environmental safety. People still don't realize that what you pollute with now comes back to haunt you later via groundwater contaimination, soil contamination. and rainwater contamination.

I've heard of some of these: Shanghai Chardonnay, Bejing Bordeaux, Great Wall Grenache.

Latest posts

Back