Chilean Juices and grapes in NW PA.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are good prices. Have you made wine from this Chilean juice before?

no tom. first chilean for me. I've got a 6 gal bucket of barbera ordered.

I been getting Chilean juice for about 4 years. You should get a Malbec and a Carmenere as well ... another choice would be Red Zinfandel
I usually get 2 ea of above

I keep seeing carmanere and malbec as fresh juices and kits, but since I haven't tasted them yet, I don't want to spend money until I know if I like them.
Besides, at this time, I don't have room to do more than 1 or 2, at most, batches at a time.

Buy a decent one around $15-$20. You will like it if you like the dark reds

Maaaan I wish this was closer to home. I would really like to try a pail. :>

I just found out how good barbera is a few weeks ago. Now I'm hooked. :dg
that particular wine was from a cellar craft showcase kit, and it was gooood.

Jody also informed me, there would be Italian and Californian selections in the fall this year. :db

You can't go wrong with any variety of Chilean juices, I've been making the reds for 4 years and have been happy with all of them. The Malbec and Carmenere are really exceptional. I do more buckets every year. I' done some good blends from these and have won ribbions with everyone I' ve entered into competion. The reds are way better than the red buckets from Cental California.God bless, Ed

I just moved to Harrisburg from the "snow belt" east of cleveland about a mile from the lake. Trust me I know about snow =).

Come on Steve theres lots to do here in Erie. Make wine, drink wine and write your name in the snow..LOL. Even Troy wouldn't dare try that one!:tz:db:tz:db:r I did not know we could get the juices from the produce supply houses until last week I heard about it. I was told about the one you just mentioned and also there is one down near Hermitage that is suppose to be real good. I don't remember the name though.

I have been sharing this with friends and it looks like we may order some pails. I'm very excited about trying Chilean juice:>

Tasting Chilean wines

I have never tasted a Chilean wine before and was thinking about making some this spring when the juice becomes available. I bought a bottle of Malbec and one of Carmenere. I am going to taste tonight. Which would be best to start with?

Thanks

This spring will be our 5th year making wine from chilean grapes.These grapes produce some of the best wine i have ever made.The grapes are hand picked to perfection.No leaf or spec of dirt on them.The Chilean people take alot of pride in there grapes.I recommend making it.These wines have produced gold and bronze.My favorite is the syrah.

never worked with the chilean product before. are the juices pressed and balanced or how processed are they? if you get musts are you renting a press or how are you addressing the pressing?

You can buy fresh juice.I only buy grapes and have a press.As far as balanced,if you are reffering to ph and ta i always do those myself.I dont know if the juice you buy is done.

Latest posts

Back