Chilean juice pail tweaks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the last twelve to eighteen months I have tasted the benefits of blending. It not only extends my range of choices ( come happy hour ) but has 'stretched' my taste buds and abilities to appreciate good red wines. But my blending hasn't stopped there. I also have a passion to fashion, really nice tasting full bodied fruit and botanical wines. In my march to achieve that vision I have discovered that the key to this is blending. We truly have a great hobby.

Over the last twelve to eighteen months I have tasted the benefits of blending. It not only extends my range of choices ( come happy hour ) but has 'stretched' my taste buds and abilities to appreciate good red wines. But my blending hasn't stopped there. I also have a passion to fashion, really nice tasting full bodied fruit and botanical wines. In my march to achieve that vision I have discovered that the key to this is blending. We truly have a great hobby.

I'm with you on the benefits of blending. The only issue for me is my untrained palate. Some people can taste a varietal and know how it will compliment others, I just can't do that. When I blend it sometimes takes me days before finding something I think will be the best. I can only taste so much wine before my taste buds get confused so I have to continue another day. With all that said I also make adjustments (if needed) on the individual varietals prior to blending. It's a lengthy process for me and I'm never sure I have the best blend so bottling is more often than not delayed due to my indecision.

Latest posts

Back