Cherry wine weirdness

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yeah, all my posts starts with some kind of weirdness. . Okay, so I bucket fermented about 4kg of sweet dark frozen cherries, added about 4 liters of100% Cherry juice blend (aroma reminiscent faintly of Maraschino cherries). Racked into 2.5 gallons of clean and sanitized glass carboys.2x 1gal +1x .5gal.

Here's the weirdness. It's been sitting there bone dry for about 3 weeks now. No weird smells, just bone dry. Been busy trying to complete 1.5gal of peach and bottle it. Then I noticed that the .5gal bottle has some weird spots almost a pattern, and I loathe to say colonies(?) here and there, below the waterline. I can also see something that looks similar to oil floating on top, here and there. No strange smells, or taste, last time I checked. Haven't seen it on the 1 gallon carboys. Maybe I should take a real close look, the darn things a heavy , anyone else experience anything like this? I will be disappointed if I have to throw away 2.5gallons, meant to be bottled and given away for Christmas along with the Peach. (A 'White' and a 'Red' in a gift bag)

Latest posts

Back