Cherry/Lemon/Lime Dragon's Blood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My original SP was super tart but after a while of aging it mellows out a bit.

This batch after it cleared now looks like a twin to my merlot. I'm sure they taste very different but I was surprised how close they are in color. The cherry is still on the left.
dscn5954k.jpg

My wife prefers the Key lime/lemon skeeter pee to the Cherry version. She likes cherry limeade so that was my goal. However, she is happy with the lime so "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Today I finally got a chance to rack, back sweeten and bottle this one. It turned out great!! Got some very good reviews today from the house full of people we had. The only problem is this one will not last long.

lol...I'll get some pics up after I get the labels on. It is a dark red color. Not as dark as a merlot now that it is in the bottle but still a deep red. My wife is very happy with it and that's what counts ;) I name all of my wines after U2 song titles and my wife decided to call this one "Even Better Than The Real Thing" :D

Could have been Bloody Sunday. Now that has potential for a nice red! ::

seen this and had to try it thanks for a awsome idea my first batch is not even done clearing and i love the tartness so i used 48 oz lemon 30 oz lime and 10 lbs sweet cherrys im hoping for a strong limon lime flavor and a cherry to hit at the end

added my yeast last night and fermenting away sg was 1.080 tonight was 1.072 then i back sweetend my first batch of four berry i think im going to bottle 28 instead of 30 next week this stuff is awsome

Latest posts

Back