Cherry Cordial Chello

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neviawen

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
Ok, I had a quick question. I had a gallon of Cherry Wine that had no body to it so I wanted to do something with it.
I've seen assorted recipes for Chellos with wine bases, everclear, simple syrup. (There was an orange creamcicle recipe I saw w/ heavy cream in it but I don't have the recipe on hand to reference.)
So, I decided, "What about a Cherry Cordial Chello?". I was thinking of those candies that you get around Christmas time.. (The chocolate covered cherries w/ the cream inside.)
So, I mixed the Cherry Wine (that was aged 1.5 yrs), Simple Syrup, Cocoa Powder, Heavy Cream, and Everclear together until I got the right taste.
I bottled it all up and it's starting to separate in the bottle..
2 questions:

1. Do I need to refrigerate this because of the cream in it or will the everclear keep it from spoiling?
2: Has anyone else used a similar recipe w/ heavy cream, and it keep well without refrigerating?

I can't answer either of your questions but just wanted to say "that sounds Yummm!"

It tastes Yum! I have 20 mini bottles of it in the fridge "just in case" the answer is "refridgerate it". I would like my fridge back soon though.. LOL

Sounds really good -- and since you want your fridge back, I say call a friend and grab a glass

I've been searching for info on whether to keep in fridge or not and all I've been able to find is references to liqueurs. What was your final alc.?

Latest posts

Back