Cherry chocolate wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merleshizy

Junior
Reaction score
I want to make a cherry chocolate wine. Being new to this I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe. Also I want to use a white wine yeast. What would be the difference between a white and red yeast in it? It will be 3 gallons a well.

I'll give it a look, I think I need to approach this differently though. I need to get a good cherry wine and then modify. I'm going to use cacao nibs and some vanilla bean. Nice raw product not preservatives. researching as we speak.

I have a sweet cherry tree in our garden and this looks like an interesting recipe! Any advice for quantities if I were to use fresh cherries and a bar of chocolate? Milk or dark?

I took the cheap and easy route with mine. I used Danger Dave's dragon blood recipe, except instead of mixed frozen fruit I did pure cherries. Cleared and stabilized like normal, then just before letting it sit I backsweetened with chocolate liqueur. For 1 gallon I do about 8 tbsp (give or take a bit to taste). Then I add a bit less than the recommended sugar because chocolate liqueur is already sweet. Family seems to love the hell out of it.

What kind of chocolate liquor did you use?? Like Godiva? I'm wondering how that works when you add it in, wouldn't it reduce the clarity of the wine?

I make a raspberry white choclate wine that I can’t keep made fast enough! I use the orchard breezin kit and Monin Suryp. I’ll only use 1/2 of the F-pack from the kit and use the whole bottle of white choclate.

I make a raspberry white choclate wine that I can’t keep made fast enough! I use the orchard breezin kit and Monin Suryp. I’ll only use 1/2 of the F-pack from the kit and use the whole bottle of white choclate.
You buy that $9.95 bottle of white chocolate from Monin? Making sure I’m buying the right thing. Sounds like a great idea. Thinking of getting the chocolate and adding it too a strawberry kit and cherry kit.

WinoDave, yep that’s what I use. I gets good results and I’m very happy with the results. Haven’t had good results with the dark chocolate it makes the wine grainy tasting.

WinoDave, yep that’s what I use. I gets good results and I’m very happy with the results. Haven’t had good results with the dark chocolate it makes the wine grainy tasting.
Thank You for that information, especially on the chocolate. Weird chocolate syrup would be grainy?? Maybe I’ll do cocoa nibs for cherry and strawberry
I bought a chocolate cherry dessert wine kit and it is awesome. Making the chocolate/raspberry wine kit now. Just looking for something that’s a little cheaper to make. Those kits are $90 a piece and you only get 3 gallons

Last edited:
WinoDave, I should have been more specific,it’s the dark chocolate that makes the wine grainy tasting. The white chocolate is the way to go.

WinoDave, I should have been more specific,it’s the dark chocolate that makes the wine grainy tasting. The white chocolate is the way to go.
THankYou, Island mist makes a great cherry wine kit if you ever want to try a white chocolate cherry. Think these might be my next 2 kits.

Back