Cherish Each Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
truth is its a google picture, I actually dont think its photoshopped, i HAVE SEEN rabbits damn near that big. Cool picture though huh?

Actually me and my dad had one many years ago called scewy wabbit like Elmer Fudd would say and this thing ate everything. He loved potato chips and as soon as you russled a bag he would perk up and stand out of his cage(it was inside our living room) and rattle his cage something fierce. He also liked pepper stalks. It wasnt quite that big but was very close and thats why I asked, I think it was like 22 lbs.

My dad and I had rabbits and we had one called "stew pot" she was 20#, not to unlike that one in the picture. she ate mostly willow branches and regular ole rabbit pellets, but lots of veggies too.

She was mostly a momma breeder, i was the one who had to take her out eventually. Still sucks. Way it goes. I would make a terrible farmer, I get to attached. Hunting is different. i have killed many animals, but i have never done so for sport.

Different thing there.

My momma cat(curly Q), my late friend Tracy called her Curly Fry, will be 9 yo next month, she weighed 12# last November, so 20# isn't that much bigger. That is one big honking flipping rabbit huh? I really don't think it is a photoshopped picture. i seen a few rabbits at the fair this summer that would make that photo believable.

Momma cat eats mostly cat food, but also, raw shrimp and salmon, moose meat, collard greens, canned tuna, macaorni and cheese, rice(no salt), dried squid, cream of mushroom soup, chicken gravy(from a can). Whole wheat toast with butter,(white toast and margerine won't cut it), pork rinds(fights have broke out with my cats over these, no salt, no spice, plain), ice cream(vanilla only), mozerella cheese, no cheddar please, green beans, raw, (no other greens allowed), cottage cheese, canned cat food(the kind with the gravy, to lick, the rest goes in the trash), corned beef hash in the can. Oh the humanity. The list goes on.

Are my cats spoiled? Absolutely not. I think instead they have me well trained. LOL

noone pulls the wool over my eyes like my moma cat.jpg

Troy,

Kinda new here, but wanted to share something. Bear with me...

My wife and I met in 1989 through a mutual friend. He was a guy I worked with who was a year or so younger than me and we eventually became roommates in college. She graduated high school with him and he introduced us to each other. We started dating and ended up getting married in 1995. We both lost contact with him around 1992 when we moved away from our hometown and he continued the downward spiral of drug and alcohol abuse. I wanted him to be part of our wedding, but couldn't find anyone who knew where he was. We didn't back in contact with him until the summer of 2008.

This was a great feeling for me to finally contact my old friend, after all, this was the guy who introduced me to my wife (there's nothing more that I can appreciate to this day). We spoke over the phone for some time and always planned on getting together sometime when I returned home (we were >400 miles apart), but never got around to it. I figured we'd get the chance "one of these times" that I visited.

Sad news hit us early in 2009 when we read an obituary for our mutual friend in our online home town newspaper. He had apparently committed suicide Christmas Eve in 2008. We were shocked and had tons of questions (especially since we were hearing about it 6 weeks after the fact and we didn't get a chance to pay our respects at the funeral). My wife and I cried and laughed and cried and laughed and cried and laughed as we reminisced of our times together.

A year later, I still feel empty inside because of the loss of my friend and feel sad that I can never express to him how much he touched my life by introducing me to my soulmate. I wish he knew what he meant to us before he killed himself, perhaps he would have chosen a different path.

Troy, bottom line, you're not alone in this world, even among strangers, we all share similar emotional life experiences (it's probably the definition of life). I don't have any answers, and even if I thought I did, there's no way I could try to know your pain. Just know that there's plenty of us who share the samne feelings as you.

Take care...

Last edited:
Hey Troy,

I'll be thinking about you today. When I was in my 20's I had a very dear friend who was murdered. He was at a bar pretty much minding his own business, another one of our friends were leaving so he walked outside with him. When he went to walk back in this car pulls up and starts shooting. Another friend was screwing with this guys wife. Needless to say my friend, Bill, was gut shot and another friend held his insides while they rushed him to the hospital. Made it to the hospital just didn't make it afterwards.

Julie

Thanks everybody. This sheet is never easy. Now that the initial shock is over we can take care of business. We have always threw a "big event" when one of our own has passed and this will be no different. Some call it a "potluck", we call it something more like a remeberance party.

I'll be fine, just as long as this kind of loss doesn't happen more than twice a year.

Be back later, need to watch the football games.

Troy

What you have posted is so true. I have very few close friends. I received a phone call from my buddy Dennis's wife just before Christmas telling me that Dennis was in the hospital with what appears to be a stroke. Fortunately it was a "minor" stroke and he is mending but it made me realize how important he is to me. Before his stroke I was selling him a shed I bought but had decided not to put up. I was giving him a good price on it, something like $100 below what I paid for it. When he and his wife came over after Christmas for dinner and a visit I gave him the shed outright telling him what a good friend he has been over the years. Tears in everyone's eyes. :(
Larry

Latest posts

Back