Chemicals in commercial wine juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrianvas12

Reaction score
Greetings.
Maybe a silly question but I was wondering if anyone has any concerns with what chemicals are added to wine juice in order to preventing from fermenting and probably to enhance the flavor. With the advent of all the stuff from China and vendors being more more over profits then quality I am a little concern about it - I mean some of the juices are being brought over from Italy, Chile etc.... a definitive 2-3 weeks over the ocean.

Thanks for your time.
AV

No, not so far but I'll watch this thread to see if I should be concerned. What chemicals are you aware of that are added to the juice?

The only chemical additions I'm aware of are sulfite and if you consider it a chemical, the use of MegaPurple. I don't worry about either one. I'm not buying any wine from China (that I'm aware of), so I haven't really worried.

To be honest I am not aware of any other chemical other then the ones mentioned above and some news about different manufacturers and their processes. But lately the juice industry exploding I am wondering if we should just make the move to using grapes only; I am sure that they will eventually find ways to dilute and improve the 'quality' of the juice sold.

Latest posts

Back