Cheers from Columbus, Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jharts_740

Junior
Reaction score
Hi, All!

First, thank you all for the valuable information I’ve read and gathered over the last month. I’m new to wine making, I’m an experienced wine drinker who decided to try my hand at the craft. I have some valuable cooking/baking knowledge that can always be traded for wine knowledge! I’m also open to any Ohio wine clubs or meet ups (post lockdown) that anyone has information on.

I’m traditionally an old world red wine drinker but love many new world reds and whites. Especially Amarone, burgundy, Tuscany, and Riesling. New world I love California Pinot Noir, Cabernet, and Chardonnay. My first wine kit, ready to rack off primary is the RJS Amarone. I have a frozen Chardonnay ready to pitch yeast on this week! Wish me luck and happy wine making!

Where in the Columbus area? I live in Powell. Welcome to the forum. If I can be of any help, let me know.
I live in Gahanna but am fiery familiar with Powell because of Brooklyn Pizza! Thank you! I’d definitely love to talk wine sometime. Send me a PM sometime if you’d ever like to swap a bottle or two!

Cheers!

Welcome to WMT
Cincinnati has a membership limited group which is excellent. With OSU in town it should be possible to develop a group, the hardest part probably is a free venue where one can sample wines. (lived there decades ago when Borden was still a company)

FYI a good cook is a good country wine maker

Latest posts

Back