Cheap red kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERASMO

Reaction score
I wanted to get a less expensive red wine kit for my brother in law for christmas. He is a red wine drinker and likes to drink for his house wine carlo rossi paisano. Has anyone tried any of those really cheap wine kits ($45-$60) and had any decent results. We have a $50 limit on gifts.

Thanks

It says its a Cab Sauv when I googled it which I woul have never thought as Ive tried it before. I would say a RJS Grand Cru International would probably or the Cellar Craft Sterling kit as both have the grape pack which will add some body to an otherwise weak bodied kit due to not having much concentrate or solids in it. For the $4-$5 more I would do it.

You can tweak those kits up with raisin and banana additions, if you want to give it a go sometime when you get one really cheap....

Allie

For that price point, you will not get a top of the line kit. That said, an amazon Paklab kit can be okay. You will get them for under $50 and they are fine $2.00 wines.

Mt first everything complete system came with a Spagnols Vino Del Vita Merlot that is pretty good considering it is a small kit.

You could always get him a $50 gift certificate from his local wine supply store and he could put it toward a kit he likes. Maybe add a $5 gadget from the store with the certificate.

Latest posts

Back