CHEAP fruit press for those in the states

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know, I think the SCREW looks aluminum? kinda shinny for steel What are they made of SS?

Most of them are steel even on the big expensive ones! You will need to address this with food grade silicone.

Has anyone received theirs yet?

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Now all I have to get are the bags for it. Anyone find a better deal on the bags than Amazon? There's are something like $15.00 a piece.

Go to HD and get 5 gallon PAINT straining bags 2 to a pack. I think they are under $5. This is what some of my wine club use. I use the bags for my fruit wines.

Go to HD and get 5 gallon PAINT straining bags 2 to a pack. I think they are under $5. This is what some of my wine club use. I use the bags for my fruit wines.

Wow, that's a LOT better deal. I'll go to HD tomorrow and pick some up.
Thank's Tom

The trick is fill the bag 1/2 way so it leaves room. Tie the bag on the top with a zip tie. You may need more than 2 packs. If doing grapes make sure the grapes are crushed and destemed.
What are you gonna press?

I plan on pressing the concord grapes I have growing in my backyard this fall. If I find something else before then I'll give that a try.

Sure can. Wade just said the pricer ones are reuseable. Now dont ask me if they look the same or same material. Maybe Wade can tell you the difference.

Ive never used the stariner bags and assumed they were throw away but the fermenting bags are nylon and come in many sizes along with coarse and fine filtering abilities.

Just got mine today. All steel construction. Same one my LHBS wants mega bucks for. Well worth the 95 (or 85 if you order now) bucks.

Got mine on Friday. Very heavy and well built. Under 100.00 and free shipping you can't beat that:try

Received mine on Friday as well. Yes, it is all steel and no stainless included. For a quick check you can use a magnet since only 303 stainless is magnetic. It appears to be a cast steel that is machined and then coated with something to give it the bright appearance, almost appears to be chromed but that would be pretty brittle, and ability to be cleaned without breaking down. I am not concerned with the finish durability.

Latest posts

Back