Chatroom Link

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, i read some of the threads on this section about the chat room. If i may make a suggestion...there is a chat program that's very interesting, you can customize it to be members only and such, you can have moderators and admin/owners. it is also an embeddable chat so you can put it right here on the website. The website is called Xat www.xat.com. its a really great chat program, might want to check it out! any questions about it, i might be able to answer as i have been on it for about 4 years now. : ) SALUT!

-Mikael

yes but what is the cost??? this is free

edited to add: I looked and see it is free, I know there are some that hacks use to get info just curious how this one is

Last edited:
yes! i forgot to mention this is a free chat!!!! once you set it up, you can customize it...they have little bangs and whistles inside that you can pay for, but you dont need them at all for chatting, they are just extras to make chatting more..unique, you can upload your own avatars from photobucket and use them.

I do not think we were looking for a chat room embedded here. There is not that many who are interested in it. We supplied the link to the current chat and I believe that is all the farther that Wade once to go with it, supplying the link.

you dont have to embed it if you dont want to....once the chat room is made...you are given its url that url is the actual web page with the chat room..embedding is only an option : D

I agree with Julie. It is very rare anyone is in there. It is nice to have though if there are several folks at one time that want to talk to each other.

image-1693556009.jpg

Can't get er figured, no option in the "room" list and it says about no mobile for account at the top.

Yeah i dont have the slightest clue how or if it would work on a mobile phone.. I know it needs java to work, dunno if phones run on that.

Ok I went lookin and looks like they are saying I would have to buy an add-on but free users cant buy add-ons so crazy expensive to use the chat from a mobile. I know an app was around to trick stuff into thinking its a full PC but I cant find it.

Maybe it's the account holder who started the room that needs to have the Java mobile module, that sounds more likely.

Last edited:
Without the mobile module there will be no way to access it with an Android phone on the go. However, there are apps where you can control your desktop from your phone, but I think you need to be on the same network with your phone and computer to use these apps. The app actually makes your whole phone your desktop screen. This is pretty much the only way since Java won't allow Android to use Java integrated sites. The reason is due to googles design of Android.

EDIT: Looks like splashtop remote might work anywhere, but I haven't tested it. If anyone would actually use it I can look into seeing if it will or not. I had that app a while back but never actually used it.

Last edited:
I used iTeleport to control my pc screen from my iPhone. All my istuff in jailbroke, 'my3g' from Cydia tricks stuff into thinkin its on a wifi network. I think Cydia is available to Droid without jailbreak. Im still trying to figure how to get it working without all the extra hoopla.

wow I just checked and the old chatroom is still up I can't believe it...........

LOL I know... I dropped in once or twice this summer, but it was dead... Bueford's skeleton had cobwebs in the corner.... or was that Deezil's sheep? :ts

Naw that was Bueford, he was chewing on a wire and got zapped. By the time we found him the only thing left was bones. Deezels sheep also passed on but with a smile on her face.

Most members don't know what the heck we're talking about as this thread has been dead for a year but it sure was fun. Grapeman came in one night for pizza and fell ill the next day and that pretty much shut down the chatroom before the health dept came in. It would be nice to clean this room back up for everyone to use. The pole is still standing in the middle of the room.

Hey, I was the one that remodeled it last year. Do you remember when we had ladies night on Thursdays

Latest posts

Back