WineXpert Chardonnay/Torrontes (World Vineyard)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airplanedoc

Reaction score
Anybody made this kit? I saw one in my LHBS today on the shelf it looks to be about 8Mo old. I was kind of surprised to see a kit there normally they are special order only. I understand it was a limited release kit last year. Should I pick it up for $60

I've had a 95% torrontes and 5% pinot grigio wine blend before and it is amazing, especially with a squeeze of lime. That's a common drink in Argentina. I asked WE if they had a torrontes kit and their response was:

"Thank you for your interest in our products. We did offer this one as a Limited Offering last year. The World Vineyard Argentine Chardonnay/Torrontes

Following is the description: Argentina’s greatest white grape, Torrontes has enticing aromas of peach and orange blossoms, citrus and white fruit, complementing Chardonnay’s tropical fruit and green apple notes to a mouthfilling finish.

You never know when it will be made available again. "

So the kit is kinda old and you should get a very good discount. For my local prices, $60 would be at the upper end of reasonable, but I'd prefer to pay in the low $50 for a kit this old. Personally since I love torrontes I wish I had the opportunity to buy it. I think RJ Spagnols has limited release of a torrontes blend kit right now.

If you do this kit, consider buying some fresh yeast to save yourself a trip. I would get a yeast that's exemplifies muscat since it is related to torrontes. Or a yeast for pinot grigio since torrontes has similar tasting qualities. Cost more in gasoline for a trip than a packet of yeast.

Latest posts

Back