WineXpert Chardonnay Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basilhaydens

Reaction score
My wife wants me to make her a Chard. I was looking at a wine expert chard kit and while at the wine store I saw a jug of vinters best chardonnay concentrate. Which would be better to use?

The kit, IMHO.

Vintner's Best description:
A blend of juice concentrates, HFCS, malic & citric acids and natural flavors designed to make a fermentable base for chardonnay wine blend at 18.9oB. The product is blended, pasteurized, filled into gallon containers and stored at ambient temperature. Diammonium phosphate is added as a yeast nutrient.

Not sure if you are buying stuff locally or online -- but I decided to give Master Vintner Chard a whirl after reading lots of positive reviews on it at Midwest Supplies. Will be my first Chardonnay...and will be kicking it off in a week or so.

Cheers & Good Luck!

To make the water murkier, LabelPeelers emailed today regarding preorders for Finer Wine Kits upcoming whites, including a Chardonnay. :)

Given the choice, I agree with @sour_grapes and would make the kit. How many liters is the WE kit? I made the 10 liter kit last September and am pleased with it at bottling back in April.

@Bmd2k1, keep us apprised of your success with that concentrate.

To make the water murkier, LabelPeelers emailed today regarding preorders for Finer Wine Kits upcoming whites, including a Chardonnay. :)

Given the choice, I agree with @sour_grapes and would make the kit. How many liters is the WE kit? I made the 10 liter kit last September and am pleased with it at bottling back in April.

@Bmd2k1, keep us apprised of your success with that concentrate.

8L. I thought they didnt sell the 10L kits anymore

8L. I thought they didnt sell the 10L kits anymore
The "Classic" kits are 8 liter, the "Reserve" are 10 liters. I made the Reserve Australian Cabernet Sauvignon and Australian Chardonnay for my son's wedding reception this next October. He's in town this weekend and we're tasting the extra bottles of each. I'll post my impressions in this thread after we've tasted.

I just made the Reserve Australian Chardonnay yesterday and it's in the primary fermenter. I can report back in 14...well, 13 days now, if anyone's interested.

I can say I've had this before (made by someone else) and I thoroughly enjoy it...more than most Chardonnays. Then again, I'm one of those weird people who prefers to drink whites at room temp instead of chilled.

My wife’s favorite it the Luna Bianca - a blend of California and Australian Chardonnay with an F-pac. I don’t like my chards too sweet, so I dump half the F-pac in during primary fermentation and the rest during the clearing stage. Big chard… medium bodied, full of spicey flavors.

I make this wine every year without fail, just to keep it available for her. Highly recommend it.

My wife’s favorite it the Luna Bianca - a blend of California and Australian Chardonnay with an F-pac. I don’t like my chards too sweet, so I dump half the F-pac in during primary fermentation and the rest during the clearing stage. Big chard… medium bodied, full of spicey flavors.

I make this wine every year without fail, just to keep it available for her. Highly recommend it.
What fpac do ya use?

Cheers!

What an intriguing notion! I never considered that to be an option for taking some of the edge off the sweetness. Thanks for that, I'll have to experiment with that for the next batch!

What an intriguing notion! I never considered that to be an option for taking some of the edge off the sweetness. Thanks for that, I'll have to experiment with that for the next batch!

wish I came up with it. A few folks on this forum do the same thing. I’m very happy with the results though. Seriously - I’ve done this particular kit so many times I’ve lost count. And it’s just as good in the new WE formulation.

wish I came up with it. A few folks on this forum do the same thing. I’m very happy with the results though. Seriously - I’ve done this particular kit so many times I’ve lost count. And it’s just as good in the new WE formulation.
So the provided fpac is what exactly? (The MV Chard kit I just received is 10L and comes with only some lightly toasted Oak chips.)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Do you oak it at all?

This wine comes with oak chips and dust for the primary. After racking and dosing with kmeta, the only thing left to add is the other half of the fpac (which I put in a sealed container in the fridge with a label that says DO NOT TOUCH). I don’t typically add the sorbate or the clearing agents (just let time do it’s job).

So the directions on the kit just mentions sprinkling the yeast ontop and putting a lid on it till its done. Should i just leave it or should i stir it daily like the other wines i have made?

Latest posts

Back