Chardonnay batch - Summer 2019

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jburtner

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm running low on Chardonnay in the cellar and was wondering whether anyone has had some good ones that they can recommend lately?

I've done several Chardonnay kits in the past and those turn out well. I also did a couple buckets from Brehm which were great.

Mostly interested in a couple buckets of frozen juice but seeking input on specific vintages.

Thanks,
johann

I made a batch with Brehm's 2018 vintage Chardonnay (fresh) from Tolay Springs last year and it has turned out quite nicely. It looks like they may be selling frozen buckets now.

They do have some of those buckets. Winegrapesdirect.com also has a couple chardonnay's. Did you MLF/Sur-Lie/Oak? Any acid adjustments on the Tolay?

Chards in my cellar are a couple years old now and I love them but they're running low.

Cheers,
johann

I was pretty minimalist with that batch. No MLF, oak, or adjustments. Just SO2 after fermentation and before bottling, with a few racks in between. MLF/oak might have been a nice approach, but obviously depends on your preferences.

Latest posts

Back