Challenge - $5 gal of wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I checked on it this morning, that distinctive crackle of fermentation wasnt there yet, but there was a decent half inch foamy yeast head on top of the wine. It was also only 62* becuase I had to leave it in the basement overnight. So I moved it infront of a heater vent to try and warm it up a little.

Scubaman2151

When you bottle, you$hould bottle into 2 oz. bottle$ and <STRIKE>sell</STRIKE>................................give it to tho$e who would <STRIKE>pay a $10.00 handling fee</STRIKE>..........................appeciate your effort$
smiley2.gif

Get your <STRIKE>free</STRIKE> Scuba Scrounge Wine.

Disclaimer: What ever you do, donotsell wine without a license!!

So I checked in again on the wine this morning, lots and lots of foam. The foam was probley 1/2in - 1in when I looked at it, I gave it good stiring and the foam was then closer to 1 1/2in - 2in. Sure surprized me this little batch can produce so much foam. Temp is 68*F.

Scubaman2151

What are you fermenting, scrubbing bubbles?
smiley36.gif
I dont think I have ever seen so many bubbles before except in my hot tub when my daughter brought in some soap!
smiley7.gif

wade said:
What are you fermenting, scrubbing bubbles?
smiley36.gif

HHHHAAAAAAAA HHHHHHAAAAAAAAA WWWWWHHHAAAA HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA CCCCCHHHHHKKRRHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHEEEEEEE WWWWAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAA

Scuba's Scrubbing Bubbles Scrounge Wine!!!! HHEEE HHHHeee OOOOOOHHHHHH I am OK PPPPPPPPSSSSSHEEEEEE HHHHHAAAAAWWWWW OOOOOHHHH OK

It is looking good Scuba !!!

OOhhhh Man!! scrubbing bubbles!

We better send sombody over to check on rocky top, not sure if he made it past that last laughing attack...:)

smikes said:
Sorry , how does this chart work?

1 pound = 16 oz.

Lets say that you have one gallon of must. You check the SG. The SG=1.040 Look on the chart,sugar in a gallonyou have 14 oz of sugar in your must. You want your SG to be 1.090 so you look to thesugar to a gallon 2 pounds 4.6 oz. or (36.6 oz. ) subtract the 14oz. that you already have 36.6 - 14 = 22.6 oz. or (1 pound 6.6 oz) So you need to add 1 pound and 6.6 oz.

Note: This is not perfect math you will still be off buy the volume change in the 14oz. of sugar that is already in the must.The chart sugar to add assumes your finish volume.If you subtract the 14oz of sugar in volume you will end up a little over in SG. (Maybe SG 1.0901 ) Don't make me break out a real formula. You would not like me when I am mathy.
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif
Scubaman2151 said:
Thats why were here, we learn from each other.
smiley36.gif
That is true! However, I'm not sure how much we are learning from these posts except that this bunch of winos has a great sense of humor! I might even try this recipe myself

I checked out the local family dollar. They did not have the oxiclean. But they had 2 qt bottles of various juice with no preservatives for $2.00. would be perfect for a $5 gallon competition between forum members.
smiley20.gif
Now where can i get free honey packages???

KFC has the best honey!

Or was it the biscuits?....................

Latest posts

Back