Celler Craft Rosso Fortissimo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuziwk

Reaction score
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has ever tried the Rosso Fortissimo kit. For some reason they give three bags of oak chips instead of two and no oak cubes. The question is whether or not to add additional oak cubes. I never tweak the celler Craft kits as in the past they have always been spot on...all the cheaper kits I usually tweak with oak cubes since they don't provide any and additional tannin depending on how it tastes.

I guess it depends on how much you like oak. If you put all three in the primary it wont add much oak flavor, but it will add body. I would wait until its ready to bottle and add oak cubes and let it sit for another 6 weeks, but I like oak. :db

I guess it depends on how much you like oak. If you put all three in the primary it wont add much oak flavor, but it will add body. I would wait until its ready to bottle and add oak cubes and let it sit for another 6 weeks, but I like oak. :db

Yes but my wife doesnt like when I tweak things lol...she does not understand that these guys are trying to make money and will cut costs...just surprisingly since I don't normally have to tweak the celler Craft kits being the most premium wine kits I've seen for purchase other than their limited edition passport series( I have two on reserve for early next year)

Latest posts

Back