Cellar Craft Sulfite/Sorbate pack?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Ferraro

Junior
Reaction score
I started a Cellar Craft Showcase Amarone kit a few weeks ago. It finished fermenting, and so now I'm ready to rack and add the included 9.5g pack of sulphite/sorbate. Only problem is, my wife got a little carried away cleaning the basement last week out of coronavirus-induced boredeom, and now I cannot find the sulphite/sorbate packet. :(

The good news is that I have in my possession a very accurate winemaking scale, a fresh pouch of potassium metabisulfite, and a (fairly) fresh container of sorbate. So I can add these things myself, however, I don't know what the ratio is of sulphite to sorbate? That is, out of the 9.5g of total powder in the packet, how much of that is sulphite and how much is sorbate?

I've been googling this for awhile and can't find an answer to this question, so I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone might have any ideas.

Yeah, agreed. I haven't made a kit in awhile....I don't understand why they started doing this (combining them both together)? I've only used sorbate once, and that was on a blueberry that I was going to backsweeten later on. Anyway, thanks....

I made a batch of that in 2014 based on a thread I found here, still have 5 or so bottles left, its turned out great!

Sure you are going to enjoy it.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200513081132641.jpg

Back