Cellar Craft Cellar Craft Showcase Barbera

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cornelia

Reaction score
Hello, I am fairly new to wine making, started about 16 months ago. So far my favourite is Cellar Craft showcase Barbera which I started about 14 months ago. I wanted to start a new batch but was told in the store it has been discontinued [emoji22]
Can you recommend another wine that is similar or a way to doctor up a similar kit? Thanks in advance!

Also the wine Expert Eclipse
Italian Piedmont Nebbiolo with Grape Skin

As Barbera is made from Nebbiolo grapes from the Piedmont region
Wrong information.

Barbera is a separate grape. Nebbiolo is it's own grape and typically requires long aging as it is really high in tannin and acid and can be downright undrinkable for minimum of 3-5 years sometimes much longer.

My family makes wine from both grapes.

Wrong information.

Barbera is a separate grape. Nebbiolo is it's own grape and typically requires long aging as it is really high in tannin and acid and can be downright undrinkable for minimum of 3-5 years sometimes much longer.

My family makes wine from both grapes.
Thank you for the clarification. Do you make your wine from grapes or from a kit? I am not near any wine producing region (the Okanagan is 800 km and several mountain passes away) so have been using kits for wine. Would be really lovely to be able to purchase or grow grapes

Thank you for the clarification. Do you make your wine from grapes or from a kit? I am not near any wine producing region (the Okanagan is 800 km and several mountain passes away) so have been using kits for wine. Would be really lovely to be able to purchase or grow grapes
I make wine from grapes and occasionally a kit.

You might be able to grow grapes, look up your climate zone and see if any grapes will survive in it. I'm lucky to live in a pretty mild zone.

As stated Nebbiolo as a grape is difficult to grow and very difficult to make good wine from. Barbera on the other hand is more of the wine you make to have with dinner every night. It has high acidity but low tannin. Which makes it a great pair with any Italian dish. But it does not have a super long shelf life 2-3 years typically.

My mistake, Sorry for posting incorrect information not sure why I thought that, possibly my confusion between Barbera the grape and Barberesco the wine.

My mistake, Sorry for posting incorrect information not sure why I thought that, possibly my confusion between Barbera the grape and Barberesco the wine.
It's okay, lots of Italian wines have similar names like that.

It's an honest mistake I just wanted to let you know.

In Piedmont you have Barbera,Nebbiolo,Dolcetto and a couple other more minor grapes. But by far most of the grape acreage is Barbera.

Latest posts

Back