Cellar Craft Cellar Craft Limited Release kits for 2012

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrew Peller in fact owns Vineco and WE. That is fact. CC and WE are good products.

Andrew Peller in fact owns Vineco and WE. That is fact. CC and WE are good products.
IMO, Vineco also makes excellent products.

And so does RJ Spagnols, even though they aren't owned by Peller.

Steve

Last edited:
While you may be disappointed by the 'small' grape pack, you should not have been surprised by it when you opened the box.

Steve
Steve
I was disappointed. Also bothered that cost cutting measures have to take place at the expense of quality (my opinion) whoever owns the brand.

Mike great firestorm. :se

Last edited:
I think its ok to be disappointed in the fact that a LR kit didn't come with a super pack Steve.

No one is saying its going to turn out like crap.

Chill out.

Canadian eh?

Actually Vineco is also owned by Andrew Peller.
Steve
So, almost all kit wine manufacturers roll up under 1 banner, and are Canadian? I can live with that!

Bwahahahahahaha......

Did I touch a nerve! :)

My bad!
Not really, but I couldn't resist, now that you have actually made a WE kit. Although neither of us was correct, I'm happy that most kits come from Canada.

I don't have any problem with them coming from Canada! Wish our dollar was stronger against the Canadian like it used to be. LOL

Just keep getting the juice from WA state and I will be happy!

wineh said:
You mean we're both happy? seems odd!

Heck I'm not. The reason so many kit producers are Canadian is we have such a big market. Mainly because wine is so bloody expensive here!

So. what's everyone seen for starting sg for this kit. I just started it but it seems low at 1.085. Now mind you that's with the very jammy crushed grape kit just added so I expect that may come up a bit

It may be awhile before I pitch the yeast on mine. The grape pack will raise the SG about 0.015 so it should end up around 1.100

I have done more Cellar Craft kits that I can remember. I have done the before grape pack and after grape pack measurements a few times you could say.

Its usually between 0.012-0.015.

SG too low?

I have done more Cellar Craft kits that I can remember. I have done the before grape pack and after grape pack measurements a few times you could say.

Its usually between 0.012-0.015.

That was my experience with a previous Cellar Craft Amarone.

However - I just started a Cellar Craft Nebbiolo - and the SG reading never went past 1.088 (Measured with a refractometer - Brix 21.2).

Readings were done at approx 0, 6 hours, 12 hours, and 24 hours after pitching yeast / adding grape pack. Essentially no change in SG. At 24 hours there was vigorous fermentation - so it's probably too late to figure out what the peak SG was.

What gives? I am curious why the SG is so low - and whether I should (or can) do anything about it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Its possible that CC could be shifting away from grape packs that contain a ton of sugar and going towards the style of RJ Spagnols and using a "Winery Grape Skin" pack of sorts with little if any sugar. The skins are really there to provide solids that then will translate to a tannin boost as well as more mouthfeel down the road.

Just pitched the yeast on mine this morning. SG at 1.092. We'll see where it is tonight.

Edit w/ update: after ~8 hours, it was at 1.100. At the 12 hour mark now and getting a burp from the airlock about every 15 seconds, so I assume SG has peaked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back