Cellar Craft Cellar Craft Chateau du Pays

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people have tried to reuse them but I doubt seriously there is much left for them to give up (solids wise) after 7 days in a Primary. They do seem to go very well into the compost pile which is what I do with mine.

Are there any uses for the skins after?

Thanks!
D

CellarCraft kits

I've been making wine for just over 5 years trying all sorts of 8 week kits. Finally, 10 mos ago I discovered CellarCraft's Showcase 8 wk "crushed grape pack" kits and I am SO-O-O impressed. They really need to be aged a minimum of 6 mos to really begin to show their quality. My first batch was the Rosso Fortissimo which was bottle just over 8 mos ago. I have tried one bottle every month since it was 3 months old and it just gets better and better. If anyone has tried the CellarCraft Showcase series and knows of other brands that are as good or better, please let me know. Thanks.

Thank you all so much for all this information. I've made two red wine kits now and 3 white. The whites are unoaked chardonnay and one oaked chardonnay. All have done well. The reds, however, seem like drinking skim milk compared to whole milk. There is just zero body. Using the skins has to be the difference. The next kit I buy will definitely have the skins.

Again, thank you.

My first year in Winemaking I made about 50/50 Cellar Craft Showcase and Mosti Mondiale (either All Juice or Renaissance) kits. While the Mosti Kits are good they do not seem to have the body that the CC Showcase kits have.

The Mosti kits with raisins (Italian varietals) are better than those with nothing but they still don't have the body and finish of a Grape Pack kit.

My second year I have been 100% CC Showcase with the exception of the MM La Bodega Port. That one is still the defacto best Port kit to make!

Hi
I have tried it , it's lovely ! The key to this wine is let it mature a bit after bottling! I'm always in a hurry to enjoy so I don't get to much aging between batches. You ll notice a great taste difference after a month !!! I noticed a difference from the day it was ready to be bottled ( sample ) to 5 days later when I bottled it( sample) it improved in that short period of time! My go to reds are Amorne, chateau neuf du Pap and now Chsteau Du Pays

I make chateau neuf de pape frequently! Over 15 years actually and yes also virus chateau du Roi! Chateau neuf is the proper name Virus chateau is the home brewing kits name ! Not as bold as I would have thought but a very nice bouquet and full

Just pitched the yeast on my first try at CC Chateau du Pays last night. It's already starting to bubble this morning.

I'm only 6 th day into primary fermentation. It was really foamy for 2 1/2 days, then the foam disappeared one day as I was pushing down the grape pack. Still slight fizzle, so I guess it's still percolating. Is this normal? The foam actually disappeared as I stirred it. I keep everything CLEAN. should I go by the instructions-it says day 10-12 go to secondary if SG is good. Should I check SG sooner? Looking forward to this one!

I'm only 6 th day into primary fermentation. It was really foamy for 2 1/2 days, then the foam disappeared one day as I was pushing down the grape pack. Still slight fizzle, so I guess it's still percolating. Is this normal? The foam actually disappeared as I stirred it. I keep everything CLEAN. should I go by the instructions-it says day 10-12 go to secondary if SG is good. Should I check SG sooner? Looking forward to this one!

If SG is good, you can rack to secondary regardless of whether or not you've reached day 10-12. Once the bubbling really starts to slow down I wouldn't remove the top of the bucket any more than you have to, other than to check SG and rack it to secondary.

Thanks Brian. Yes, I understand to not raise the lid much if any once the vicious fermenting slows down. I'll check it tomorrow.

Perfectly normal to be a bit foamy the first few days. No worries.

Latest posts

Back