Cellar Craft Cellar Craft 18L Washington Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anodari

Reaction score
I purchased this from Grapestomers. I started it Thursday night, its been fermenting for two days, low and slow. Not sure if anyone has tried this before. I have an Amerone kit that I just bottled. I started it 3.5 months ago

I purchased this from Grapestomers. I started it Thursday night, its been fermenting for two days, low and slow. Not sure if anyone has tried this before. I have an Amerone kit that I just bottled. I started it 3.5 months ago

I started it on 8/28. It's in secondary fermentation right now. I'll keep you up to date. This is my first grapeskin pack, so I'm anxious to see how it turns out. When it's ready for bulk aging, I'll give it a minimum 6 months, then bottle, and age further. It should be drinkable by next summer.
:h

Washington Merlot

I recently drank a bottle of this wine that was closer to being 4 years old, than being 3 years. It was a bit, but just a bit, past its prime.

I live in Texas and my biggest challenging to the longevity of my wines is maintaining a constant and cool temperature (no basement and no funds for wine-style A/C). So I am very pleased to get a wine that showed that well in that length of time.

I think you will enjoy this wine. We sure did.

kcd

I recently drank a bottle of this wine that was closer to being 4 years old, than being 3 years. It was a bit, but just a bit, past its prime.

I live in Texas and my biggest challenging to the longevity of my wines is maintaining a constant and cool temperature (no basement and no funds for wine-style A/C). So I am very pleased to get a wine that showed that well in that length of time.

I think you will enjoy this wine. We sure did.

kcd

I am two months into this and now letting it bulk age. Had a taste very young and a bit sharp. i am going to let this bulk age for 8 months befor I bottle. Time to start another kit

I jst started this kit tonight ... so far all is well ... this is my first red kit and my 4th kit in all.

Back