Cellar Cooling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toneill

Reaction score
Curious what everyone else has done for cooling? Did you spend the money for a true wine cellar cooler or make due with an air conditioner of some sort. Love to hear real world applications.

Thx

I used a coolbiot and it works great! I maintain 55 degrees. It can go down to 38. The compressor runs 6 minutes an hour in the summer. Holds 800 bottles plus.

Last edited:
Real refrigeration system for mine, split system with ducted supply and returns. Not really much choice, though, because of my location, hot and humid almost yearound.

Dam, I just keep mine in the basement, in the rear of a laundry/work room. Stays below 70, usually 68 during the summer and about 65 in winter.

Dam, I just keep mine in the basement, in the rear of a laundry/work room. Stays below 70, usually 68 during the summer and about 65 in winter.

I envy you guys with basements. They may seem common place to you, but they are rare in Texas! I have long said if I ever build another house, it is going to be underground.

Often think of building a wine making room/cellar/food storage area. I have three areas around the place where I could, but all have their drawbacks....upstairs, a bit small, or hard to get water into.

Always keep coming back to dig a hole and do a cellar. Easier said than done when you live on top of a limestone hill! Even checked into a "climate controlled self storage unit"...they said they maintain a constant 70 degrees, but my IR thermometer showed 82 and it wasn't even 95 outside that day.

I envy you guys with basements. They may seem common place to you, but they are rare in Texas! I have long said if I ever build another house, it is going to be underground.

Often think of building a wine making room/cellar/food storage area. I have three areas around the place where I could, but all have their drawbacks....upstairs, a bit small, or hard to get water into.

Always keep coming back to dig a hole and do a cellar. Easier said than done when you live on top of a limestone hill! Even checked into a "climate controlled self storage unit"...they said they maintain a constant 70 degrees, but my IR thermometer showed 82 and it wasn't even 95 outside that day.

Well, us southerners just have to buck up and move forward above ground. In Louisiana, a hole in the ground is destined to become a swimming pool or a pond, its only a matter of time.

John we put a pool in last summer...hit hard rock 2' down...went above ground with a deck. I've ran some numbers...by the way, watching your build had me thinking tile and oak for a while....I'm back to concrete and plywood now!! Gotta little 8x12 shed that is ground level and budget do-able for me. Just gotta find a place for the wife's riding lawnmower...that is gonna be a fight too!

Latest posts

Back