RJ Spagnols Cellar Classic Vidal Ice Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainecr

Reaction score
Finally got back from vacation...and got to start my kit. Starting SG was 1.112. Zowee.....
Hope to see the 1118 kicking some serious grape juice butt tomorrow after work. I'll keep in touch....

Should be a good 1, those 375 are hard to get free unless you live near a winery that sells them and as wine tastings.

The pro of living in a state with bottle deposit is being able to buy bottles from the returnable store for .20 each. I've seen many 375 ml bottles. I just need to pick them up.

Fermentation is starting slowly...hopelly strong fermentation tomorrow...

I am so jealous!! .20 for a bottle!! Wow. I would like to know how this kit goes to as I did the Wine Expert Ice Wine kit. I am thinking about getting the RJS as they seem to have better juice! I have not tried the W/E kit it is still bulk aging. Should start the RJS one soon for a taste comparison.

Fermentation very slow. Must was only 63 degrees...buy the furnace. I stopped on the way home from work and picked up a brew belt. Hopefully the yeast buddies will like the heating blanket....they surely do not like the basement.

Brew belt works like a charm. The must is at 78degrees. The batch is bubbling away. SG at 1.05 this AM. Smells wonderful...

WOW! .20 cents a bottle is a great piece! I pay $1.35 for mine.

Good luck with your kit. I made their red ice wine kit and it was excellent.

Latest posts

Back