RJ Spagnols cellar classic cabernet, silver bag?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gawine

Reaction score
i just purchased the cellar classic california cabernet with wine skins. I went through the included packets and noticed a silver packet with no label. I assume that is oak powder? can anyone confirm? thx!

Yep, it's probably oak.

The Cellar Classic Winery Series Cab Sauv definitely had a foil pouch of toasted oak (stamped #23499) about 3 years ago.
Steve

gawine
I started a cellar classic winnery series australian meritage kit on saturday and it had a foil pak in it as well but it was stamped on it that it was oak

I did that one about 3 years ago also and know that had oak in it but Cp must have great notes to know that it had a stamped # on it and also know the numbers! Good notes CP!

I did that one about 3 years ago also and know that had oak in it but Cp must have great notes to know that it had a stamped # on it and also know the numbers! Good notes CP!
Notes are left over from when I ran a store (FoP). The longer I ran the store, the better the notes, as occasionaly the info became useful.

BTW, that number is the RJS product code. If I wanted some of that oak, I would ask for that code number, and they might sell or send me some.

Steve

Back