Cellar Craft CC Showcase Amarone - my first big kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'll resurrect this thread with a 3 year update (to the day!)
I have been pulling some of the splits off at 6-9 month intervals, has really been improving with age. It's now 3-ish years since I bottled and last night I had the first one that tasted really good.
Unfortunately I lost any notes I had from the first tastings due to a spill in my winemaking tote. But I know that for the first 1.5-2 years at least, it still had a distinct note of banana when opening the bottle and while nosing the glass. Alcohol was very high at the first as well, as expected. Gone are the flavors of banana that I remember from early on. And the alcohol has balanced out. Still very potent, I suppose it at least hit the 14.5% I initially aimed for, which seems to be appropriate for the amount of body.
All in all it was definitely one to wait on. I have a decent canning room in the basement where I've got my wines stashed, so it's had a relatively good environment for aging, and I haven't disturbed them at all since laying them down. I've got most of the 750s left and a few splits remaining, so there should be many happy glasses raised yet.

Latest posts

Back